Host a Screening
Hosting a PLAY AGAIN screening is a great way to build community and inspire groups of people to work together to get kids outside in your area. Screening events come in all shapes and sizes so organize one that works best for your community. Below are suggestions for making your screening a successful community event. Our Frequently Asked Questions page will provide answers about film length, subtitles, available formats and so on.
WHAT STEPS DO I TAKE?
- Decide on what audience you want to reach and what kind of event you envision, including your outcome goals.
- Choose a venue and date, with consideration for school holidays and local events that might present conflicts.
- Invite other groups to get involved as sponsors or organizers – they can sponsor the event by providing funding, items to raffle off, food or drinks, free venue space, or simply by sharing the event with their mailing list and helping get the word out.
- Invite local experts, organizations, parents, or youth to speak or participate on a panel or host a table for their organization at the event, or schedule time for a more casual community discussion after the film.
- Advertise your event several weeks in advance as well as the week of the event – put up posters, post on facebook, send announcements to mailing lists, advertise with local media and invite local media to cover the event.
- Email us the details of your event so we can post it on our website. Test your DVD and make sure your equipment is working. Have fun and send us photos!
DO YOU HAVE PR MATERIALS I CAN USE? A poster, discussion guide and film stills for those who want to design their own fliers can be downloaded from Bullfrog Films Resources. If you need larger movie posters or additional PR materials, please contact us for prices. Please feel free to post your event on our facebook page. We will post your event on our website – please contact us with the following information: name of event, date, time, venue/location name, street address, city, state, zip, country, contact email or phone number and any additional details you wish to include. When the event is over, we always appreciate an email with photos, comments and/or attendance numbers. Thanks for staying in touch.
CAN I CHARGE ADMISSION? Unlike a Theatrical License, Educational and Community Licenses come with public performance rights, which is the right to show the film in public provided no admission fee is charged. But you are allowed to ask for a “donation” at the door to cover costs or as a fundraiser for your organization or a local outdoor program. Many groups share a portion of the proceeds with the Play Again team to help us continue our grassroots outreach (usually 30-50%), but we leave this up to you. Thank you!
HOW DO I INVITE A FILMMAKER TO MY EVENT? Speaking with audiences and doing Q and A’s after screenings is one of our favorite things to do and it is a special treat for audiences to connect with filmmakers. If you would like a member of our team to attend your event, please email our producer, Meg, at playagainfilm at gmail dot com for cost and details.
ORDER YOUR COMMUNITY LICENSE AND DVD HERE (or any Buy Now link)